Saturday, November 14, 2009

Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

Seriously, I just want a blunt cut or a long choppy bob and everywhere I go they either say Oh that's no good or they say yes and then end up cutting it like a football helmet.



What's the trick to GETTING what you want?



Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

yup, know what you mean and I hear myself saying this every time I leave the salon!!!



I think there is no real trick - pictures sometimes help - but even in my experience this isn't always the fool proof option.



I have a habit of monitoring my stylists every step and if I think it is being cut too short or whatever I always say so...embarrassing I know but you wear your hair every day and you want it to look the way you want it to, and hopefully your stylist will appreciate this and not think you are questioning their skills.



Sometimes it takes a stylist time to get used to your hair so giving one that you thought made a "decent job" a second chance may improve your odds of getting what you want as they will get used to the way your hair "works".



Hope that helps...



Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

hey deb ! its not that the thing u admire or like others will also like it too.u should only do that which is liked by all .and if u do what u want or think then maybe after sometime u will think that what u have done!



Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

You know, I've had that same problem for years...I think you just have to tell them if you don't like it, you aren't paying for it....ask them to LISTEN to you and if you don't get what you asked for you aren't paying...it's as simple as that....they are there to do a service for you, not for you to pay for something you didn't want and didn't ask for.



Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

I always had the wrong haircut!! But then I started bringing in a few pictures of what I want it to look like and ever since then they understood what I was going for. It could also just be the place your going to, sometimes you get what you pay for.



Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

This may not help, but next time you should threaten them with a lawsuit. I'm used to people f-ing up my hair. Currently my hair's just falling out in CLUMPS from a relaxing job gone wrong. It's really tough to find good hairdressers nowadays. You should probably try going to the expert ones in town. May cost money, but heck, your hair will be 'da bomb' once they're done with you.



Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

Well, they ARE supposed to give you what you want, but then again they know what they are doing. They may be turning you down because your hair may not be able to support what cut you want, or it doesn't suit your body type, face type, your features, etc. I may be twelve, but I have a lot of experience working with hair, so trust me on this one, and maybe try to look at other styles instead! XD



Why can't the salon cut the hair the way I want it?

The problem is usually that the client doesn't bring in a picture to show the stylist. Sometimes, what you want is not possible. For instance, if you have very fine, thin hair, the cut you are describing will NOT turn out the way you expect it to. Also, it depends on where you go. If you are going to one of those "cheap places" to get your hair cut, you have to remember that many of these places hire stylists straight out of school. Many are not experienced and only know one way to cut hair. So, what do you do? First, you make sure to bring a picture of EXACTLY what you want, then you ask the stylist how long they have been a stylist. You also need to discuss the hair style itself, is it appropriate for your hair? If not, salons ALWAYS have books with other styles and perhaps you and the stylist TOGETHER can find one to suit your tastes. Also, if it doesn't turn out the way you have discussed, refuse to pay for it. Once you walk out the door, you have to live with it, no refunds.

No comments:

Post a Comment